Wednesday, February 16, 2011

No Place Like Home

After house-hunting for well over 6-8 months, my boyfriend and I have finally been approved for our first home. We couldn't be more excited, I plan to renovate and decorate everything. I've already prepared lists and ideas for everything I'm going to do, and after I take pictures of the new house I'll document!

It's a 3 bedroom, 3 bath, granite counter top and stainless steel appliances. The entire house is a tuscan like tile.  Bedrooms are carpet but we're going to be upgrading that even before we move in. It also has a pool and side yard. It's a decorators dream, not too much "hard work" just the cosmetics!

After spending time in West Elm and Z Gallerie yesterday I made a list of some (A LOT) of items and ideas that I want in the new house!


This table is a definite, it totally utilizes the kitchen space with it's rectangular shape.


I love this futon for the office, we have a great desk from pier 1 but I need more furniture, I want it to be a comfortable area that's easy to study and do work in, I don't particularly like the grey color, I'll go for a beige/neutral.


I'm loving this duvet, especially for the price. The chocolate brown is so versatile and it'll look great with the suede paint on the walls. 


We have a great sectional, but I definitely want to get some new throw pillows after we get it steam cleaned. I like the idea of these colors, it'll bring out more of the couch rather than blend in.


I'm in love with these lacquer wood trays, I plan to get a bunch of them to put my jewelry, perfume and lotions on! 

I want to have lots of old photos like this in the bar area and kind of scattered throughout the house, I think it'll give the place a good cultural feel and will go good with the dining room that I plan to turn into a "lounge" area with lounge chairs, and a bar.



Love this Lexington  mirrored butler tray! it's perfect for putting all our alcohol goodies on.


That's it for now, as soon as we do a walk through on Sunday I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures, any ideas/thoughts are greatly appreciated! 

0 comments: