Sunday, February 6, 2011

One too many.

After a night of celebrating with champagne and pinot grigio, my head is not feeling so great. I thought I would share some tips that have helped me prevent, and get through those hangovers we all dread.


  • First, chug a giant glass of water (Or even better a Gatorade) and pop two IB Profen before you go to bed, the IB Profen will reduce swelling and clearly you need water to hydrate. Gatorade is good to drink because of all the electrolytes in it, when you drink you're dehydrating salt and nutrients that water can't give back to you. I can't even say how much Gatorade and IB Profen have helped my morning after feeling from a crazy night.
  • Secondly, resist the urge to gorge on a giant breakfast, eat fruits and something light like toast or an egg white. Stuffing your face with McDonald's breakfast is only going to make you feel more awful, and by eating fruits and veggies you're gaining back lost nutrients and water.
  • Thirdly, always keep these items on you when staying out. Sunglasses, eye make-up remover, and a toothbrush. I always keep them in my purse and I can't say how helpful they are when taking that long walk of shame to your car.
  • Another thing that helps me is getting in a good work out, and a nap. I know, I know, the last thing we want to do when we're hung over is work out. But sweating out all those toxins give you the best feeling, and you've worked off those calories. If you're hurting too much to hit the treadmill, sit in the hot tub or sauna.


0 comments: