Friday, February 4, 2011

Substance.

As Lo says, I want to start my blog off with some "substance".

One thing I'll frequently update on is make-up tips and facts that I live and abide by. Not only do tips I've learned over the years help my finances, they help me get the most out of my make up!

I am make-up fanatic, I personally believe that good quality make-up is important. One reason being because in my teenage years I suffered from moderate acne. When I made the switch from generic store brand make up to Chanel my face significantly improved. Not that it's completely necessary to indulge in pricy make up, but I can say for me it was worth the switch. My skin looks better, but everything I buy I have for at least 6 months to a year, and absolutely love!

Here's one trick I've learned from the many fashion magazines I read.

  • Mascara: Not only is it expensive, but it's one of the quintessential make-up necessities that us ladies cannot go without. Whether it's use is for a night out on the town, or a hangover cover-up for work.
When your mascara tends to dry out run the brush briefly under some water. It will bring back the moisture in the tube, and make it as good as new. You can do it as often as your mascara dries out, it won't hurt the product or brush. It will save you money, and more importantly help you get the most out of your mascara!  I've tried a lot of different mascaras, if you're looking for an affordable everyday mascara Maybelline's Great Lash is the way to go. If you're looking to indulge in a posh, glamourous and also my personal favorite, Chanel's Inimitable Intense will not disappoint. Not only have I had my first tube of Inimitable Intense for over 6 months, it's also one of Chanel's top selling product.

0 comments: